First time Slack - First manual that even IT non-IT experts can do/with A4 print plate -
We develop and operate a child-rearing information site called Kodomoto. We use Slack for communication between members such as writers, but many of the members are ordinary mothers and are not strong in special IT. We have compiled the very first usage manual to get them to use Slack. Slack has various functions, but first of all, if you know this place at least, it is a line that you can use normally.
Click here for the A4 print version. https://docs.google.com/document/d/18W3Xaua00HQbnaO5mPAhQVQ6ApKitqq5op0JrmNMvvo/edit?usp=sharing
How to use Slack
Slack is a LINE-like chat tool that can be used in groups. There are apps for iPhone, Android, Windows, Mac, and other devices. https://slack.com/downloads
Slack has a feature called Channels, where you switch channels according to what you're talking about.
#general 一般的な内容、メンバー全員が読めます。 #reporter レポートに関する話題でレポーターのみ見ます。
If you want to send a message directly to someone, choose the recipient from Direct Messages and send the message. If there is no name in the list of Direct Messages, you can search for it from all members by pressing the + button next to Direct Messages.
When you want to send a message to someone in your channel
If you don't set the message in each channel to "Notify me of all messages", the message may be skipped. If you have a message that you want others to notice, type @username in the conversation, as in @tomo to notify them of the message. Press @ in the message box to select the recipient.
When replying to a channel or direct message, it is difficult to understand because the topics are mixed if it becomes as follows.
In such a case, it is convenient to reply by selecting "Start a thread" at message A, because you can see it as a series of topics.
Here's how to change how often your app notifies you of messages.
- Click on the downward > mark to the right of the team name
- Select Preferences
- Tap on the top right side of the screen...
- Tap Settings
- Tap Push Notifications
- Basically, please set it to either (1) or (2) below.
- If you want to set it to (2), check "Notify me about..." at the bottom of the three frames in the screen.
(1) All new messages Notify all messages ②Direct messages, mentions & keywords Direct messages, mentions (things whose names go into the message, like @tomo), keywords The default setting is this. You can add keywords that you want to be notified with My Keywords at the bottom of the Notifications settings page.
□ Notify me about replies to threads I’m following Notify me of messages from conversations I'm following If you reply to your message in a thread, you've automatically followed someone in a conversation when you reply to someone's message.